• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail/Horde issues

T

tony744

I am having some problems with Horde and some php forms on my server. Through the following information I hope someone can shed some light on the issues..

First lets get the basics out of the way.. I am running Plesk 7.5.4 reloaded on Linux Fedora core2 2.4.20-021stab022.1.777.

All is running well except when I try to send mail from Horde to a mail server that is other then a local host.. In other words the mail exchange server is redirected to a server off network.. When I try to send an email to the mail exchange server I receive this error through Horde...

There was an error sending your message: unable to add recipient [[email protected]]: Invalid response code received from server

Here is the DSN for the domain that receives this error....

ns1.domain.com. NS ns1.ddomain.com.
domain.com. NS ns2.domain.com.
domain.com. A 1.1.1.1
mail.domain.com. A 1.2.3.4( off network server)
ftp.domain.com. CNAME domain.com.
www.domain.com. CNAME domain.com.
lists.domain.com. CNAME domain.com.
domain.com. MX (10) mail.domain.com.
domain.com. MX (30) backup.mail.server.com.
1.1.1.1 / 24 PTR domain.com.

Does anyone have any ideal as to why this domain that has an off network mail exchange server gets this error?

T

ns1.domain.com. NS ns1.ddomain.com. <<== was this a double typo?
domain.com. NS ns2.domain.com.
Shouldn't it be:
domain.com. NS ns1.domain.com.

And since this domain's mail is all external, have you removed the domain from the /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file?

And verified that the /var/qmail/control/smtproutes file does contain a line:

domain.com:1.2.3.4:25

This is so that Qmail will know specifically where to forward email for that domain.

This worked... Thank you jamesyeeoc..

I will have to remember this the next time I redirect the mail exchange server.. It appears that qmail in conjunction with smtp was looking for the domain at the localhost level...

Thanks again

T

Back