• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question mail.mydomain.com & webmail.mydomain.com ssl errors

Zakky

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 #1
I added my domain to Plesk (mydomain.com) and configured all the basic settings, including the SSL certificate. Webmail opens fine, but mail.mydomain opens the default Plesk page. Is this how it's supposed to be, or is something wrong on my end?

Attachments

• 1720793873578.png
    1720793873578.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 4
Hi there, mail.<mydomain> isn't used by Plesk, instead the main domain (so just mydomain.com) is secured for mail connections (IMAP, POP3, SMTP).

Hi there, mail.<mydomain> isn't used by Plesk, instead the main domain (so just mydomain.com) is secured for mail connections (IMAP, POP3, SMTP).
Does this mean I can delete the A record for mail.myweb.com from my Plesk DNS settings ? I rented a server from Hetzner with Plesk pre-installed, and those records were there by default. Is it better to rent a server separately and manually install Plesk?

There is no need to remove it, mail.<domain> is actually a quite common DNS record. Just not used by Plesk for secure mail connections. But if bothers you, you can delete it. If you do, make sure that your MX record(s) still point to a valid host.

There is no need to remove it, mail.<domain> is actually a quite common DNS record. Just not used by Plesk for secure mail connections. But if bothers you, you can delete it. If you do, make sure that your MX record(s) still point to a valid host.
I just feel it's not quite right that I have a domain mail.mydomain.com opening up, which I didn't create, and it shows the default Plesk page for default websites.

Back