• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail not being delivered to Plesk mailboxes

Sean P

New Pleskian
Hi there, I set up a new domain and site which is all working perfectly and then added an email address, I set this up in Outlook and the setup was fine but no email is being delivered to it, it's set up to use Postfix & Dovecot but I've also tried Qmail and Courier, still nothing delivered. The MX record is set to mail.xxxxxx.xxx and the mail subdomain pointed to the IP address where the domain is hosted, mail is also enabled for the main domain.

I checked the mail log and I can see succesful IMAP connections but no postfix activity to indicate any test emails were received. I'm getting delay notifcations also, e.g.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its recipients after more than 3 hours on the queue on xxx.xxxxxxx.xxx

The message identifier is: 1fcTow-0001HR-NQ

The subject of the message is: test

The date of the message is: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 10:55:03 +0000

The only thing I can think of is that port 25 is blocked by default on 1&1's firewall, would that make a difference?

Many thanks.

Yes, check your firewall settings. Your server needs to be able to accept incoming connections to port 25. You can try this from your home PC:
telnet <your-ip-adress> 25

If you see a SMTP banner then port 25 is open. If not then you need to check the firewall on your server and also check if your provider blocks port 25 for incoming connections.

Back