• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail not working on new server - /imp/compose.php problem

K

kuhle

I have a new server set up and getting it ready before migrating clients/domains from an old server.

I have set up a domain and email address on the new server, but when I try to send, it does not work. In Horde, I get the following error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /imp/compose.php on this server.

On POP3 programmes, I keep getting promted for the email address/password, but I know that they are correct.

I do have ASL set up on the new server, but I'm certain that it is not properly configured,a nd having never heard of it, then I have little idea of what to do.

I think that it might be a mod-security setting that needs to change, but very unsure what.

Can anybody help, please?

I have worked out the problem with the POP3 which was being caused by DNS caching, although I am not sure how to force DNS to pick up the new settings. I had even set the DNS SOA Record settings on the first test domain from the default settings to seconds, and even with a TLL of 1 sec, it still did not do anything.

Any assistance on what needs to be done to get the Horde working would be greatly appreciated.

Back