• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mail problem after running mchk

B

baravalle

Hi,
after the upgrade from 8.1 to 8.3, some of my settings where resetted, and I was trying to stop mail bounces.

One of the solutions that I have seen was to run mchk, which I did:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --without-spam

as a result - my virtualdomains, rejectnonexists and rcpthosts files got wiped - with only the main domain remaing there.

I have tried to rebuild the files using the mail table from the PSA database - but with partical success. At the present time, looks like the mail is delivered, but I cannot login any more with ANY user to read the mail.

Example log line:

Mar 15 15:22:09 baravalle imapd-ssl: IMAP connect from @ [##.##.##]checkmailpasswd: FAILED: #######@#######.## - no
such user from @ [##.##.##]ERR: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[##.##.##]

This is quite upsetting.

Any suggestion?

Andres

With further checks, I have seen that the files users/assign and users/poppasswd have been wiped too. any suggestion on how to get them back?

after some other work, I managed to get back users/assign - and a basic poppasswd.

I can now access my old email - but none of my accounts can receive any new mail.

In the meanwhile I have tried running again /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk (after making backup copies of the files) and I can confirm that it deletes my mail configuration files. I find it quite disturbing - it's been already 4 hours in front of the computer for just using a PLESK utility.

Any suggestion on where to look why my accounts are not receiving any new mail?

mchk utility should b eused with caution. It actually reset all custom changes and reconfigure mail settings according to Plesk db.

ok, if you sent email is there anything in /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog?

did you receive any error in webmail? mail client?

there is should be something to move from

Partialy maybe same problem as i had.

Check if you have in etc/courier-imap/* files these rows. In my was missing
AUTHMODULES="authpsa" - in some authomodules exist, but without value.
MAILPASSWD="/var/qmail/users/poppasswd"

Just now i cant recieve any mail

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 <xyz>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in valid users table (in reply to RCPT TO command) (state 14).

Back