• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

mail.* redirecting to another site!

B

BrandonK

Anytime a person types in mail.**.com for one of my domains, they are redirected my personal site (on the same server). How can I fix this? What is causing this?

All of the sites are on the same IP. Do I have my DNS servers set up wrong?

***.com. MX (10) mail.***.com.
mail.***.com. A ***IP***

This is normal behavior. You have the A record pointed to your server's IP address (as it should be), and your domain is the 'default' domain for the IP. Therefore, when people browse to mail.**.com, it goes to the default domain for the IP, which is your domain.

If you want to change your default site that appears when you someone types in something like this, login to Plesk as the admin, from the Server Administrator page select "IP Addresses" under System header, on the next screen you will see your shared IP address and to the right under the heading "Hosting" there is a link with the number of sites you have setup in Plesk, click this link and on the next screen you can select which domain will appear as the default.

Back