• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Mail server settings disabled

papahausa

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.62 Update #2
Hello. After updgrade plesk my mail server settings always goes off.
When i manually enable it, this service is starting, but when i wanna add email account this services again switched off.
plesk repair all -y did not help.

1722523185306.png

1722523095817.png

What does the dovecot logfile say?

You can find its location by running:

dovecot log find
... or ...
doveadm log find

You might also want to check the dovecot status for furter infos by running:

systemctl status dovecot.service

or by running

dovecot -F

to start dovecot in the foreground and not daemonized. This might result in additional information that wouldn't be loged otherwise.

What does the dovecot logfile say?

You can find its location by running:

dovecot log find
... or ...
doveadm log find

You might also want to check the dovecot status for furter infos by running:

systemctl status dovecot.service

or by running

dovecot -F

to start dovecot in the foreground and not daemonized. This might result in additional information that wouldn't be loged otherwise.

where can find this log?
but with devocat all is ok. seems its panel bug. does not matter what i choose dovecot ot courier
and plesk start always change my view from service provider to power user view.

where can find this log?

As I said, you can find it's logfile by running:

dovecot log find

You need an ssh terminal for that. Or in Plesk go to

"Tools & Settings" -> "Assistance and Troubleshooting" -> "Log Browser"

and click on "dovecot.service".

but with devocat all is ok.

According to your screenshot dovecot isn't running, so I'd say it's not all ok with it.

seems its panel bug. does not matter what i choose dovecot ot courier
and plesk start always change my view from service provider to power user view.

This sounds like a completely different and unrelated problem.

Ah, it looks like you have serious issues with your server way beyond a non working mailserver.

Unless someone else can help you here, you should contact whoever manages your server, or, depending on where the Plesk licence is obtained from, their support.

Igor is no longer with the company. Judging from your posts there are multiple issues (maybe all are related) with email on your server. I recommend opening a support ticket with our support team to let them investigate the issue on your server. To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to Plesk.

If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk: How to get support directly from Plesk?

Back