• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail Server - Someone is relaying

S

shane01

Hi Guys,

I keep receiving this message back from plesk;

--------------------------------------------------------------

MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed.

Message is waiting at caznet.com.au for delivery to mx.rima-tde.net.

The message will be retried for another 30 hours.

Reason: Mail Server for rima-tde.net could not be contacted at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress.

Message headers follow:

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Message Delivery Failure
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:38:14 +0930
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
X-MEFilter: 1
Precedence: bulk

----------------------------------------------------------------

We use our ISP as the outgoing mail server for all our customers rather than our plesk server. Also, the FROM address is my personal email address. I am not the source of these emails. I have plesk set, as far as i know, to not allow relaying. What settings should be changed to best prevent this type of relaying?

Shane

Hello,

I have the same problem. Even after disabling outgoing smtp.
I've contacted SWSOFT and the only thing they said was that my 30-days support period was ended and had to buy a "support-contract" or a one-time support fee.

I think I have to do it with those errors. I use a Plesk 30-domains for personal use, so it's not affordable for me to buy extra support for a licensed product.

Regards,
Tim Van Engeland

mmm.... suppport isnt the best hey. I am a software engineer myself - with a bachelor degree from university. Not sure that the way of offering support is what I would use if I had developed the software.

Well... I'll keep playing and see what I can come up with. Let you know if I get anywhere.

Shane

Back