• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mail - Setting return-path header

T

Techforce

Hi:

Are there any plans for a feature that allows you to set a default return-path email address as the header for all outgoing emails for the mail server?

I have researched this problem to a degree, and found people recommending solutions at the PHP level, which is not as desirable as it would be for resolving it at the SSH command line level, however it require root access, and many hosts who let you rent dedicated servers recommend you not using root unless you take the proper security precautions. So I am wondering if this could be done in the plesk panel level? The problem I am trying to resolve is that the emails tend to bounce for invalid return paths, that are always set to: [email protected] , by default. I would rather set this to the 'webmaster' or ' postmaster' email account associated with the domain, but apparently the setting cannot be changed so easily like that in plesk.

Back