• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mail settings for Nextcloud Extension (local Plesk/Postfix as relay)

Volans

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8.8 (Ootpa)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian v18.0.55_build1800230919.07
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem setting up the email configuration under Plesk. For another Nextcloud instance, which is hosted externally (i.e., not on the same system as Plesk) but also uses Plesk as a mail relay, the same settings work perfectly. Therefore, I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that in the case of the Nextcloud Plesk extension, the system tries to use itself as a mail relay.

I installed the Nextcloud extension in the usual way, which worked wonderfully. In the mail settings, I then set the following:
mailsettings.PNG

Then I receive the following error message: "There was a problem sending the email. Please check your settings. (Error: Email could not be sent. Check your email server log)". After which I check the mail log in Plesk, but they are completely empty. It seems as if the connection request never arrives at Postfix.

Then I tried changing the server address to "localhost", "127.0.0.1", and "172.16.50.10" (LAN IP of the Plesk server, located behind a NAT), after which I saw the following in the log:

2023-10-26 17:57:31infopostfix/smtpd [1683813]disconnect from localhost.localdomain[::1] ehlo=1 starttls=1 commands=2
2023-10-26 17:57:31infopostfix/smtpd [1683813]lost connection after STARTTLS from localhost.localdomain[::1]
2023-10-26 17:57:31infopostfix/smtpd [1683813]TLS SNI localhost from localhost.localdomain[::1] not matched, using default chain
2023-10-26 17:57:31infopostfix/smtpd [1683813]connect from localhost.localdomain[::1]

I am aware that StartTLS cannot work here, but under "Encryption", I selected "None/STARTTLS", so why doesn't it then try "None"?

I'm a bit stuck and don't know what to do next. Maybe someone here can help me out! :)

Best regards,
Karsten

Back