• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailbox Quota Warning

Antonio Sanchez

New Pleskian
Hello all,

I have been reading the forum searching for a solution to advice clients that their Mailbox Quota is reaching its limits.

I have seen workarounds applicable to version 9.X and priors based on cronjobs and scripts.

I am using Plesk 11.X with Postfix over CentOS.

1.- Is there any Plesk configuration/implementation to advise a client that his quota is reaching the limit?
2.- Is there a working workaround applicable to Plesk 11?
3.- If not, Is Parallels thinking in a Mailbox Quota Warning implementation as his competitors do?

Thanks all in advance.

Best Regards
Antonio Sánchez

You can see in Tools & Settings -> Panel -> Notifications "Resource usage limits exceeded by subscription" event and address for sending this notification. Also you can set necessary overuse policy for each subscription. Mailbox size is one of subscription resource.
Why it is not enough for you?

You can see in Tools & Settings -> Panel -> Notifications "Resource usage limits exceeded by subscription" event and address for sending this notification. Also you can set necessary overuse policy for each subscription. Mailbox size is one of subscription resource.
Why it is not enough for you?

I am looking for a solution for this also. I want an email to be sent to the email account owner when the mailbox reaches a limit of 85% of full. The above solution will not work because once the customer exceeds his mailbox quota they cannot receive the warning email because their mailbox is full.

I don't think this specific case you are requesting exist in Plesk, at least i'm not aware of it.

But why would you need that? As hosting provider you specify their mailbox quota, the rest is not your problem, they will contact you if they need more. Don't get me wrong, nothing is "EVIL" here. Most of people are using POP method with Outlook and other programs (IMAP is not that popular, maybe with GMAIL accounts where you have a lot of space), those who're using webmail, they always see quota status. Even though they might be some people who don't know much about emails, they will call you, they will tell you: i cant send emails/receive emails, what is the problem and you will take a look on it and give them some information/you wont need more then 1min to solve the problem if it appears - and i doubt those who are not that familiar with emails receive so much emails to have 100% full mailbox.

We would also like a native notification option in this scenario. I think this is would be a very useful feature.

Anyone who exceeds their mailbox quota will have inbound emails rejected with a "mailbox full" autoresponder and it may take several days before a client notices their box is full. In that time important emails may have been lost and it's quote normal for customers these days to connect via IMAP so they can access their accounts across multiple devices.

Yes there are ways to work around this but I think it would be a very useful to have an email injected to their mailbox when it's full or nearly full informing them of the situation and how to resolve the problem. It would save countless hours on the phone to disgruntled customers who are often non-technical and do not understand the implications of mailbox quotas.

I agree with Red Paint I need this feature too. Today's outlook, when you create account pop3, sets 14 days to leave mail copy in server. So if you have 10 or more mailboxes it can be huge count of mails in these 2 weeks. It is one of reasons why it is needed. Another one - i don't want to remember each time to client, that he need to clean mails. If it possible to do that automatically. Every day I have problems with that.

Back