• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Mailboxes between domains

Ravvar

New Pleskian
I need to implement a solution on my VPS:

- many domains, some with own hosting, some with forwardings to others
- many (main) mailboxes on one (main) domain, but I need to have posibility to indicate which of remaining domains forwards mails to coresponding main mailboxes (the same name before "@"), example:

(main domain) domain.com
- (main mailbox) admin@domain.com
- (main mailbox) tom@domain.com
- (main mailbox) sam@domain.com
(other domain) seconddomain.com
- (mail alias) admin@seconddomain.com (forwards mails to admin@domain.com)
- (mail alias) sam@seconddomain.com (forwards mails to sam@domain.com)
- (mailbox) tom@seconddomain.com (own, independed mailbox)
(other domain) thirddomain.com
- (mail alias) admin@thirddomain.com (forwards mails to admin@domain.com)
... etc.

Somethig like mail aliases but between domains (now we can create mail aliases, but in the same domain)...
Ofcourse I can do this by creating mail accounts in domain one by one without mailboxes and forwards mails to main mailboxes, but with a lot of domains and a lot of main maliboxes in main domain this is a lot of work (for example with 1 main domain with 20 mailboxes and 30 other domains it can be 20x30=600 entries in Mail section in Plesk o_O).

On one of my ordinary hosting (not VPS) a provider gives me a choice when I create a new mailbox what can be after "@" -> all my domains or one of it (choosing by dropdown menu, btw)... Can I implement similar results on VPS by Plesk "without creating 600 entries" in Mail section?

And I know, domian aliases can be solution, but domain aliases can not has own hosting, can not has own mailboxes etc, so this is not correct solution.

Thx.

Back