• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

MailEnable and Plesk 7.5.5 problems

V

veraert

Dear,

I have a problem with PLESK 7.5.5 (windows) and MailEnable, i changed DNS servers in LAN settings (because the DNS server i was using went offline) to different DNS servers, the domains resolve perfectly when i do traceroutes or nslookups, but MailEnable cannot send out new mail, when i ran a diagnostic from the server i encountered some problems, perhaps anyone of you can help me out?

Code:
The socket connection to the remote host failed. The host was either not contactable or it rejected your connection.

Thanks in advance!

try to cennect to another mailserver via telnet ...if this works it is maybe an configuration error in mailenable.

If you can't connect you ... check your firewall ... maybe it's blocking smtp ??

Check registry value
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mail Enable\Mail Enable\Connectors\SMTP\Local DNS Server List

Tried both options, but still the same result, i can telnet to the destination mail server, but MailEnable doesn't seem to do it, i find it difficult to believe that since yesterday it won't connect to mail server because there is not a PTR record active for the IP because the mailserver allways worked..

Has anyone found a solution to this? Here's the message I'm getting from Yahoo:
MailEnable: Message delivery has been delayed.

Message is waiting at massdigitalmedia.com for delivery to mx2.mail.yahoo.com.

The message will be retried for another 45 hours.

Reason: Mail Server for yahoo.com could not accept your email at this time. MailEnable will keep trying to deliver this message and will notify you of any progress.

Reason Code: SMTP Outbound - General Error Error Number: 0
And on the server, in the MailEnable administrator - outbound queue:
The socket connection to the remote host failed. The host was either not contactable or it rejected your connection.

I had the sam problem with yahoo some weeks ago.

The solution that o found was setup 3 configs on SMTP Conector Config:

Server Name and Hostname = name.mydomain.com

ip used to send mail (bind): XX.XX.XX.XX (where xx is my primary IP address)

Added the domain name.subdomain.com on Plesk

Asked my provided to setup the reverse dns on my primary ip adrees (used on bind ip) to resolve name.mydomain.com

tip: check if your server is correctly configured

So if o ping name.mydomain.com i see my IP address
So if i check my IP address reverse dns is name.mydomain.com

You can check your IP reverse dns here http://remote.12dt.com/rns/

Back