• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailenable .. jacks up account again

I

iis-newb

Mail Enable, gotta love this stuff.... Alright the problem.

- I have one user whose domain keeps getting disabled in mail enable
- When it is disabled, it also changes the domain name to "domain.com.d" and this in turn changes the SMTP entry to
" [!SMTP:[email protected]]
- mail stops working for that account.

I can go through and re-enable the account, change the domain name, and fix the SMTP entries, and the account works again.
The problem is, I don't know what is causing this.

-Note: I am familiar with "Magic fix all script" that I can run that will fix these errors, but i've already got that set to run nightly and the problem seems to occur sporadically, and only on that single account (consistently).

Has anyone ever had this problem, or have any suggestions?

Actually suggestions will be quite similar to other suggestions regard ME issues. It's very useful update Plesk up to 7.5.6 version and ME up to 1.92 version.
Then as updates done, go to ME config folder and move somewhere *.tab, *.sav, *.bck files. Then copy address-map.tab to config folder and edit it in such a way to leave only first 'system' string.
Then use mchk.exe utility from %plesk_bin% folder to rebuild ME configs from scratch according Plesk DB.
All this actions will allow you to get quite strong ME installation.

I've never seen this problem, the domain is renamed into the form of "domain.com.d" when the mail services are disabled through the control panel, perhaps somebody is doing this not realising what they are doing?

I will look into that possibilty when it occurs again. This is something I would not past the customer. (unintentional sabotage)

When you see reference to domain.com.d that means that this domain has been disabled in the plesk admin and therefore the mail server will not resolve. Enabling the domain in plesk should solve the issue for domain.com.d

I've figured out how to resolve the problem... i've just not figured out what triggers it and how to prevent it. It happened so sporadically, and each time, I logged into plesk just to find that the account was not suspended or disable in plesk in anyway. It was just disabled in Mail enable (worst part is that it was only that account that had this problem )
I ended up forwarding mail for this domain to a cpanel server because it became such a problem. This isn't the first account where such a resolution became necessary. I've no confidence in " fix it and dont ask questions" scripts such as has been provided. ...

Back