• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailing lists not backed up.

S

seanstephens

Hi,

I just went through the process of restoring one of my servers through the plesk backup utility. When I restored the dump file, none of the mailing lists were there. Is there something I am missing, do I need to be doing a manual backup of the mailman dir or what?

Thanks

we just restored a server from plesk backups and hit the same trap. any news/infos/hints on how to backup/restore mailman lists with plesk? thanks a lot!

[SOLVED] Mailing lists not backed up

self do self have :) so after a little more inspection, i found that psadump actually tries to backup the mailman mailing lists, but that it doesn't look for them where they are, in MAILMAN_VAR_D (/var/lib/mailman in our installation), but in MAILMAN_ROOT_D (/usr/lib/mailman in our installation - see /etc/psa/psa.conf for your values). after i had already created a symlink from /usr/lib/mailman/archives to /var/lib/mailman/archives to solve mailing lists archives cannot be found, which resulted in the mailman archives being backupped, i only had to do the same for the lists:

ln -s /var/lib/mailman/lists /usr/lib/mailman/lists

my question: why doesn't psa checks/creates these symlinks? looks like a bug to me.

hope that helps anyone having the same problems.

Back