• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

maillog didn't rotate?

synthetic5995

Basic Pleskian
Hi guy,

I'm working with OS CentOS 6.4 (Final) Panel version 11.0.9 Update #61 and using qmail as my default mail server.

Now I checked my maillog (/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog) but It didn't maintenance daily as usual.

How can I check this issues and solve this?

Thank you!

Hello,

Can you please check your /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.conf file for the mail logs rotation configuration

Dear Sir,

Here's my setting:

include /usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.d

/usr/local/psa/var/log/xferlog.processed {
missingok
rotate 3
size 10M
compress
nocreate
}

/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog.processed {
missingok
rotate 3
size 10M
compress
nocreate
}

/usr/local/psa/var/log/psi.log {
missingok
daily
rotate 3
size 10M
compress
nocreate
}

/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/*_log.processed {
weekly
rotate 12
missingok
notifempty
copytruncate
compress
}

/usr/local/psa/var/webalizer.cache {
missingok
rotate 0
size 512M
nocreate
}

/var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log {
weekly
rotate 12
missingok
notifempty
copytruncate
compress
}

/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/panel.log {
missingok
daily
rotate 3
size 10M
compress
create 0640 psaadm
}

/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/health-alarm.log {
missingok
daily
rotate 3
size 10M
compress
copytruncate
}

Dear Sir,

I wanna update some more information, my statistic (traffic and disk usage) is also not work. There're smth wrong with my crond service?

Looking for you support.

Thank You very much!

Does crond service work? Check it with

# /etc/init.d/crond status

Dear sir,

crond service is working normally, (I checked /var/log/cron and It's running also). BUT the statistic didn't automatically run until I run the command (./statistic) manually

(and getting this error logs when running manually):

mail statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mainman/lists/1 (2 3 4 5 6 7 x)
mail statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mainman/archives/private/1 (2 3 4 5 6 7 x)
mail statistics: Unable to get dir size of /var/lib/mainman/archives/private/1.mbox (2 3 4 5 6 7 x)

Thank You!

Try to analyze output of:

# export PLESK_DEBUG=1
# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php -f ExecuteStatistics

additional options you can find with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php -l

Thank you so much for you prompt reply, I'm so nervous because this is my commercial server. Here's my output:

[root@mail sbin]# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php -f ExecuteStatistics
[Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:02:42 +0700] ! 0 Task named ExecuteStatistics is not found.
[Thu, 21 Aug 2014 12:02:42 +0700] o 0 PleskFatalException: Task named ExecuteStatistics is not found.
file: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php
line: 93
code: 0
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php(138): DailyMaintainanceRunner->setFilter('ExecuteStatisti...')
#1 {main}

[root@mail sbin]# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php -l
CheckForUpdates
InstallUpdates
update-keys
plesk-usage
autoreport
sitebuilder
mail-usage
execute-statistics
optimize-statistics
analyse-domain-statistics
analyse-client-statistics
execute-spamtrain
execute-glcleaner
execute-apache-config-rotation
ppsmbe-filesharing
UpgradePanel

Thank You!

Last edited:
Sorry, ExecuteStatistics is name of task in Plesk 12. Use execute-statistics

Thank you so much!
I run it! and no error or output shown.

I checked logs file are already maintained and statistic, mailbox usage are updated. But does this everything become normal from now?
Because I'm afraid this issues will comeback again and we need to do manually everyday?

Do you have corresponding line in cron script?

# cat /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily

#!/bin/sh
### Copyright 1999-2014. Parallels IP Holdings GmbH. All Rights Reserved.

# install_statistics
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php >/dev/null 2>&1

Here is my configuration: (I copy and paste)

#!/bin/sh

# install_statistics
/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php >/dev/null 2>&1

# install_mysqldump
/usr/local/psa/bin/mysqldump.sh >/dev/null 2>&1

But I didn't see and log execute this command on the cron log. (var/log/cron)

Thank you!

I wanna update my issues on that server:

- I still need to handle the maintenance (log, DB) manually on that morning :(
- I can NOT access to port 8447 to check update or re-install some components (no firewall enabled) and no process listening on that port.

Thank You!

Back