• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailman question for 8.0.1

D

DCNet_James

Maybe its me, but I could have sworn mailman runs as a daemon after installing PSA 8.x. Once its configured the first time which is required at first setup the daemon no longer starts at boot. Does the mailman wrapper launch the mailman process or does the mailman daemon need to be running? I started mailman manually with the mailman RC script. Once started, it daemonizes and stays running, as well I believe its supposed to. In version 7.5.x reloaded it executed via the mailman qmail wrapper and once processing was done of the messages, it quit.

W/O getting overly confusing here. I just want to make sure that in 8.x versions, the mailman daemon runs as a daemon, rather than being executed message by message. See the following...

/usr/local/psa/rc.d/mailman start had to be manually executed because its not part of the psa rc script and runs the following:
cartman# ps -ax | grep mailman
649 ?? Ss 0:00.05 /usr/local/bin/python2.3 /usr/local/psa/rc.d/mailman start
650 ?? S 0:00.77 /usr/local/bin/python2.3 /usr/local/psa/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=ArchRunner:0:1 -s
651 ?? S 0:00.79 /usr/local/bin/python2.3 /usr/local/psa/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=BounceRunner:0:1 -s
652 ?? S 0:00.78 /usr/local/bin/python2.3 /usr/local/psa/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=CommandRunner:0:1 -s
653 ?? S 0:00.77 /usr/local/bin/python2.3 /usr/local/psa/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=IncomingRunner:0:1 -s
654 ?? S 0:00.78 /usr/local/bin/python2.3 /usr/local/psa/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=NewsRunner:0:1 -s
655 ?? S 0:00.79 /usr/local/bin/python2.3 /usr/local/psa/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=OutgoingRunner:0:1 -s
656 ?? S 0:00.79 /usr/local/bin/python2.3 /usr/local/psa/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=VirginRunner:0:1 -s
657 ?? S 0:00.76 /usr/local/bin/python2.3 /usr/local/psa/mailman/bin/qrunner --runner=RetryRunner:0:1 -s

Mailing lists work fine once executed, but say I reboot, I have to reexecute this to get lists working again. Kind of stupid. Either way I want to make sure I'm not making a mistake.

Thx
James

Back