• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mailproblem With Different Mailserver

B

Beamish

Hello,

i have the following problem:

I have my domain running under a plesk 7.5reloaded enviroment und a separate mailserver.

I changed the DNS-Servers MX-Entry in my providers backroom to point to the mailserver.
Everything is working fine, but when a second customer running on my plesk-server sends a mail, the mail is not redirected to the new mailserver but put into the old mail-account on the plesk server.

I changed the Domains DNS-Entries into plesk like that:

optricon.de. NS ns.optricon.de.
ns.optricon.de. A 212.227.81.201
optricon.de. A 212.227.81.201
sitebuilder.s15185846.optricon.de. A 212.227.81.201
webmail.optricon.de. A 212.227.81.201
mail.optricon.de. A 141.16.81.230
ftp.optricon.de. CNAME optricon.de.
www.optricon.de. CNAME optricon.de.
optricon.de. MX (10) mail.optricon.de.
212.227.81.201 / 24 PTR optricon.de.

I have a domain : mail.domain.de pointing to the new mailserver and a MX record pointing to that mail-Entry..

But internal mails, sent from the same server are directly put into this servers mail-account. It´s not taken care of any DNS-Entries..

Where is the error ??

Help would be great.

Yours

Marco

Since 'mail.optricon.de' is now an external mail server, you should remove 'optricon.de' from the /var/qmail/control/rcpthosts and /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains files. Then make sure the 'optricon.de' IS put into the /var/qmail/control/smtproutes file with the IP address.

Sample smtproutes file:
mail.optricon.de:141.16.81.230

Thanks for your prompt answer.

That means, thak plesk is not fit in handling this king of problem ?
I have to have ssh-access to the mentioned files and have to fix that problem manually ??

The control panel interface does not allow admin/root file manager access, so basically, the answer is 'yes you should have SSH access' to resolve this type configuration.

Or you can ask the hosting admin to make these changes for you. From your post, it appears you may be the domain owner, not the server admin.

smile.. i have full root-access to the whole dedicated server..

my last reply was only for my own interest.. :)

Thanks for you quick answer..

Back