• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Mails can not be sent, but received on AWS Lightsail

bavarianBeer

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm using the latest version of Plesk on an AWS Lightsail Ubuntu instance. I'm able to receive emails, but I can not send them to my private Google mail account. This does not happen when I send emails from [email protected] to [email protected].

I got a static IP and also opened all the ports that Plesk recommends to. Enabled SMTP service on port 587 on all IP addresses without success as well. All the mails still get stuck in the queue and are deferred at the end.

What are the reasons for this and how I can solve it?

Installed mail server: Postfix
Installed IMAP/POP3 server: Courier-IMAP

Thanks in advance,
Maurice

Hey have to resolved this issue, I'm going through the same problem for an year but unable to find any solution.
Plesk is worst in terms of documentation.

Did anyone manage to get this resolved? I requested the port to be opened but they declined the request. Pretty frustrating really. They suggest connecting to the paid Amazon Simple Mail Service as a solution - anyone done this? Does it work and how would I connect to Plesk to have new email accounts automatically provisioned when they are set up in Plesk? TIA

Did anyone manage to get this resolved? I requested the port to be opened but they declined the request. Pretty frustrating really. They suggest connecting to the paid Amazon Simple Mail Service as a solution - anyone done this? Does it work and how would I connect to Plesk to have new email accounts automatically provisioned when they are set up in Plesk? TIA
Have you tried to use these recommendations: https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...ghtSail-or-Microsoft-Azure-port-25-is-blocked ?

Thanks for the reply...

Yes, I opened the ports on the lightsail install where I could but I think there is a port block that can only be opened by AWS & they declined my request (without reason). Not sure why they take this approach and don't just throttle the port if you're abusing it. I only wanted to send a few emails for my small business but will need a separate service like Zoho to achieve it from what I can see.

For reference, here is their reply:

Hello,

Thank you for submitting your request to have the email sending limit removed from your account and/or for an rDNS update.

After a thorough review, we confirmed our original finding and cannot grant your request.

Please consider looking into the Simple Email Service (SES) Amazon Simple Email Service | Cloud Email Service | Amazon Web Services.

We cannot assist you further with this issue and we may not respond to additional messages on this subject.

Back