• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Mails: No such user in mail authorization database

TorbHo

Basic Pleskian
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3
Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS‬

We had the problem, that some Mails could not be delivered to the local mailbox.
The Maillog showed "No such user in mail authorization database"

After some searching, we found the solution at: Email cannot be delivered: No such user in mail authorization database

But why is it possible to create a Mailbox without password. Shouldn't there be a warning message while creating?!

Please fix it in Plesk Onyx. Thank you.

I had the same problem very recently on 2-3 mailboxes... really weird.
Setting a new password solved the error message, but the cause of the mailbox not having a password set remains a mistery...

Setting a new password solved the error message, but the cause of the mailbox not having a password set remains a mistery...
Maybe there should be a simple javascript warning message, so that the user can not send the form without a password. How about that?

I marked this thread as unresolved as this behaviour still exists in the latest Update #41 on Plesk 17.5.3.

The most popular case for us are email redirects. The user usually enters the email address, skips to the "Redirect" tab, fills in the redirect target address, and hits the "Save" button. Since creating a mailbox is on by default, and no password needs to be entered, the redirects do not work afterwards.

Once the users complains about the broken redirect, we ususally disable the mailbox manually. The expected behaviour would be to enforce a password or to disable the mailbox if no password is entered, but redirects are active.

As far as I remember the behavior was caused by an error in the migration manager and only affects accounts that were previously migrated from another system or restored from a backup. Only in this case it is possible that an account does not have a password set.

mysql> select * from accounts where password='';
mysql> update accounts set password='xxxxxxx' where password='';

and then we move on with life......

A mailbox with no password set use to fail during migration... not sure what the case is currently.

I need to correct myself. Can't reproduce this behaviour on a vanilla Plesk Onyx installation. I have a legacy system where the bug occurs as described, but I'm going to look into it further and mark this as resolved for the time being.

I can reproduce the bug now as follows:

- Click on "Create Email Address"
- Enter something into field "Email address"
- Uncheck "Access to the Customer Panel"
- Click on "OK"

The mailbox is created without a password. The culprit is that the customer panel access is unchecked. Please confirm.

Yup, I see the same thing now with the latest 17.8.

MariaDB [psa]> select * from accounts where password='';
+----+-------+----------+
| id | type | password |
| 9 | plain | |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

MariaDB [psa]>

Just another injection, to this discussion, a different solution that can be easily overseen.

I had a customer that every few months was calling me with his emails not working on his phone. I would help him recreate his account, have it working only to have him call me back again after a few months or sometimes even only a few weeks. I'm assuming that maybe he always had an issue as soon as I would get off the phone with him but he just didn't call back right away.

Anyway, I finally had enough and decided to remote login using teamviewer. After troubleshooting for sometime and looking at the maillog, I noticed that when he was creating the account the autocomplete was entering his username which was his email address but was adding one extra empty space after the .com. So basically the username was incorrect but for some reason when you set the account up on the phone plesk establishes a connection for a short period of time and downloads the emails but then disconnects and won't allow to reconnect again until we delete the account and rebuild it again on the phone and again only have a connection for a short period of time. So it wasn't very obvious that the username was the problem since we did get emails to download even though the username was incorrect with the extra empty space at the end.

So just something very silly to watch for, make sure that autocomplete isn't adding empty spaces after the username in this case but maybe this can also happen with the password field.

Back