• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Major problems with restore & backup - urgent

duvide

Basic Pleskian
yesterday I restored my website incl. database from the Backup manager (plesk 12.0.18, I did that before and it worked). Now I get this error message:
Warning:
The DNS service is not installed. The DNS settings will not be restored for the following objects: Server settings
Warning:
fastcgi is not supported. It will be disabled for the following objects: Service plan 'Unlimited', Service plan 'Admin Simple'
Warning:
perl is not supported. It will be disabled for the following objects: Service plan 'Unlimited', Service plan 'Admin Simple'
Warning:
python is not supported. It will be disabled for the following objects: Service plan 'Unlimited', Service plan 'Admin Simple'
Warning: database "admin_xxx"
Failed deployment of database user xxx of database admin_xxx
Warning:
Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/database.php --update admin_xxx -update_user xxx -server localhost:3306 -type mysql -print-id -set-acl % -passwd '' -passwd_type sym -ignore-nonexistent-options failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Unable to update database user properties: attribute name is invalid: status
Especially the database problem is I think the reason why my website is not running anymore and I don't know how to fix it. Some tables in phpmyadmin show this error:
Current selection does not contain a unique column. Grid edit, checkbox, Edit, Copy and Delete features are not available.
So I cannot change the status of my webshop here.

Last night's backup (28 March) has this error message:
Warning: mysql "admin_xxx"
Not all the data was backed up into /var/lib/psa/dumps/domains/xxx.com/databases/admin_xxx_1 successfully. mysqldump: Got error: 1449: The user specified as a definer ('backup_95SSwt8'@'%') does not exist when using LOCK TABLES
I did not change anything recently (and vers. 12 seemed to be working for me alright) but I suspect it has something to do with the automatic plesk updates (maybe #38?) which happened 2 or 3 days ago. I also noticed 3 days ago that there were 3 backups missing (24. 25. 26. March) although the system is set to do this nightly.

One more thing is that I can't copy the database which I could do before without problems. When I try I do get:
Error: Unable to copy the database.
It adds the name to the list but the db is empty.

I also tried to restore a backup from 7 days ago but there are the same problems.
This is a really urgent matter because I don't know how to restore my website otherwise. The database file is about 100 mb (uncompressed) and I don't get it uploaded in phpmyadmin via copy paste either.

Please help!
Thanks

My server:
OS CentOS 6.6 (Final)
Plesk version 12.0.18 Update #39, last updated at Mar 27, 2015 04:47 AM
The system is up-to-date; last checked at Mar 24, 2015 05:00 AM

As per logs it seems to be issues with plans. You have older plans has different resources and new once have different. Try to customize the new plans and enable the required features by editing plan.

I updated & synced my hosting plan. I have only one with maximum permissions because I am alone on my server. I don't see the error regarding the not supported stuff.
It did not help with my database problems which is the real problem. My website is not running due to it and I don't know how to resolve this.
Any help is welcome.

Thanks

I tried to restore every backup available but there are always the same errors. What is the use of a backup if I can't restore it? Are there any other ways to get the website running apart from installing everything anew? And how can I make sure that future backups can be installed?

Back