• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Making a Custom theme with Onyx

Alejandro Oro Vojacek

Basic Pleskian
First of all, new to the forum, bought Plesk suscription just minutes ago, being toying with the trial until now, software is solid and works exactly for I want to offer to my customers.

What I'm shock is that there is ZERO information about customizing the interface by CSS. I'm a long time designer that first started working on HTML and then WordPress. Before the theme-mania I coded everything with CSS, even transitions and colors to a point I write CSS better than I write english. ( I'm Latin American btw).

The thing is, I followed every tutorial, specially this one:

Installing Themes to Plesk

After making my new files so I can start working on CSS and Installing it per that instructions, nothing happens !.

I started doing a search on the inet since nobody seems to be mentioning the non-existant capabilities of Plesk to handle themes, at least I'm not seeing them.

Can someone who is experienced in Plesk tell me how can I actually use a theme I uploaded? because the only thing I can see on Plesk is the Skins selection by the module, nothing more.

I'm willing to share the material design I'm planning for Plesk once I finish it, but it would be cool if I least I have a direction in how to instruct plesk to read my custom theme files in the first place.

Thanks !

OK, I'm gonna answer it myself, honoring the forum rule that if someone is looking for the same thing it could find the answer.

There are several things that needs to be done for the Plesk Custom theme to work.

1- unpack the default theme like this (command line)

plesk bin branding_theme -p -name default -destination mytheme.zip

2- modify the XML file to reflect your new theme, no need to modify any files yet. Pack them into mytheme.zip and then install it like this:

plesk bin branding_theme --install -vendor admin -source mytheme.zip

3- Now that's installed under a new name (mytheme for this example) you need to MAKE SURE that the skins module is REMOVED otherwise your custom theme won't work, this is important. -> remove Skins and Color Schemes extension from your plesk gui.

4- finally, activate your new theme like this:

plesk bin branding_theme --set -name mytheme

The theme name must be the same name declared in the XML file.

5- Logout and Login

That's it !. Your new theme is ready to be styled, you can now open yourtheme/css/main.css file and start tweaking, probably the best way is by nano.

You can find your theme files here:

/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/theme-skins/mytheme

To any admin. It could be cool if the official tutorials includes this information, because it's missing important bits like removing the skins extension and activating the custom theme.

Have Fun !

Back