• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Malwarebytes blocks inbound port 53

Smelleken

New Pleskian
Hello there.
I have Mallwarebytes installed on a windows Plesk 11 server. Is this a good combination or should Mallwarebytes not be installed on a Parrallels Plesk server?

What bothers me is that Mallwarebytes regularly blocks incoming port 53 connections by named.exe.
It claims it is access from potentially malicious websites. I wonder if it is blocking legit traffic which might impact DNS functionality or that it is doing what it is supposed to do. Anybody with experience or suggestions?

Regards,
Smelleken

I have checked a number of IPs that were blocked and they seemed to be coming from suspicious sites including DNS attacks by a minecraft server.
Normal traffic appears to be functioning correct so that part of the question is resolved.

Back