• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Manage DNS records hosted on external name servers through Plesk

iopsec

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I was evaluating the Plesk Panel 11 and I have an issue. I have dedicated name servers that host all the zones.

I want for my customers that will use Plesk Control Panel, to be able to manage their RR from the control panel but the changes to be made on my external DNSes. So Plesk will act similar to an interface that will provide customers with the management of their zones.

[Plesk + Web Server]-> (add, modify, delete resource records)

____/____\________ -> propagate to external NS
___/______\____

[NS1]_____[NS2]____ -> apply the changes

At the registrar, the customers will use NS1 and NS2 as nameservers.

Can this be accomplished in Plesk 11?

Thanks

Plesk can't manage zones on external nameservers. External nameserver can be used as primary nameserver and Plesk nameserver as secondary nameserver in this case. You can find more details here - http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/69433.htm

thanks, IgorG. Not what I wanted but I think I can find a workaround and I'll put only the slaves off-Plesk with the master on Plesk. That will give my customers the option to manage their zones while still having some name servers off-host.

Plesk can't manage zones on external nameservers. External nameserver can be used as primary nameserver and Plesk nameserver as secondary nameserver in this case. You can find more details here - http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/69433.htm

Thanks, IgorG.

Not what I was looking for but I think I'll use a workaround, with the master on the Plesk host in order to have the management capabilities for customers, and the slaves off-Plesk.

Back