• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Mdaemon and Plesk 7.61

D

dinfiesta

I´m trying to swich a productive server to Mdaemon 9.51.

I´m getting this error:

Set default component failed: defpackagemng failed: mchk.exe failed with message:

And I can´t switch MTA...

Any ideas?

We have exactly the same situation and error... did you manage to resolve it? and if so how...

Cheers

Just a bit more info (incase it helps anyone come up with a solution)

Heres the full error from the event log

mchk.exe failed with message:

at (VPackageManager::setDefault line 295)
at execute console command --set(vconsoleapp::start line 128)
at execute "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe" --set "--type=mailserver" "--default=mdaemon"(vconsoleapp::run line 138)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe

Upgraded to plesk 8.1 and still have same error......

I guess plesk does not work with Mdaemon.

And Mailenable really sucks!

MDaemon

So, are you all saying MDaemon practicallt cannot be linked?
I am very new to Plesk and trying to get the MailEnabled replaced with MDaemon.

I have disabled MailEnabled services and installed Mdaemon (with WorldClient and Webadmin). MDaemon working well alone. Not showing up in Plesk.

May be there are a step by step guide to do this. But, I just could not find it.

I also send a request to SWSOFT throught the site for which I am yet to receive a reply.

Regards

Puspa

But if its not linked into plesk, it wont create any new accounts etc?

Were not sure of our problem, but were still not able to get the 2 to work, were still getting the same error as above.

Originally posted by iwebsolutions
We have exactly the same situation and error... did you manage to resolve it? and if so how...

Cheers

Nope...I could not fix it.
Does anyone have a support contract with SWsoft in order to ask them?

We ended up doing a uninstall, and re-install... this worked... HOWEVER!!!

Having had to repair the install to fix a problem with MSSQL, it has changed the mail server back to mailenable, and wont let me change it AGAIN! :(

Hello All,
I made Mdaemon to work with plesk 7.6.1.
The way to do that is to Install windows then install Mdaenom then install plesk :D

Here is the catch though..

Every now and then, for no good reason and without any logs at all!!! Mdaemon DIES!!!!!

And this is very bad for me and my customers!!!!

I lost a customer because of that..

SO DEAR PLESK!!!

Try making some serious product or patch or whatever..

We did exactly the same.

The easiest way to keep Mdaemon running (we notice it dies ocasionally too) is to set the mdaemon service to restart itself whenever it fails.... simple, and hey presto, all working :) Our users love it! (and i should think so too for the price!)

OK :)
Second question..

Can you make a full backup from the plesk application?
Or you get messages like "the email account [email protected] does not exist"
When the account exists ???

:mad:

I've just gone creazy, sorry :p

PHP:
echo "Keep up the good work guyzzz!";

Ours works fine for backups etc, have you made sure that it is selected in the components as the mail server?

Back