• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved memory usage by web service

Remigio

Basic Pleskian
I just can't explain myself this: from about 7.00 pm (when we no longer work from our web backoffice) until about 6 am, the Apache memory grows a lot, sometimes up to 70-80%
The process that consumes the most is php-fpm: pool crm.100asa.it (and usually there are up to 5)
Here is the chart: screenshot-100asa.it_8443-2019.09.12-13_27_23

@Remigio,

I suggest that you have a look at your logs and inspect the various IP addresses that are "running through your (Apache web) server".

Some of the traffic might be explained by bad code or (normal or unwanted) crawlers / bots, but it is always good to check where the traffic is originating from.

That is the first step........ before any conclusion can be drawn.

Kind regards........

@Remigio,

I suggest that you have a look at your logs and inspect the various IP addresses that are "running through your (Apache web) server".

Some of the traffic might be explained by bad code or (normal or unwanted) crawlers / bots, but it is always good to check where the traffic is originating from.

That is the first step........ before any conclusion can be drawn.

Kind regards........
In case it's the crawlers/bots then where can we start with?

To exclude bad bots from your website, you can start with a simple trick: Add these lines to the beginning of the .htaccess file of your website:

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (seocompany|LieBaoFast|SEOkicks|Uptimebot|Cliqzbot|ssearch_bot|domaincrawler|AhrefsBot|spot|DigExt|Sogou|MegaIndex.ru|majestic12|80legs|SISTRIX|HTTrack|Semrush|MJ12|MJ12bot|MJ12Bot |Ezooms|CCBot|TalkTalk|Ahrefs|BLEXBot) [NC] 
RewriteRule .* - [F]

You can enter more agents as you seem fit into the the list.

To exclude bad bots from your website, you can start with a simple trick: Add these lines to the beginning of the .htaccess file of your website:

Code:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} (seocompany|LieBaoFast|SEOkicks|Uptimebot|Cliqzbot|ssearch_bot|domaincrawler|AhrefsBot|spot|DigExt|Sogou|MegaIndex.ru|majestic12|80legs|SISTRIX|HTTrack|Semrush|MJ12|MJ12bot|MJ12Bot |Ezooms|CCBot|TalkTalk|Ahrefs|BLEXBot) [NC]
RewriteRule .* - [F]

You can enter more agents as you seem fit into the the list.
I found this piece regarding bad bots.
[Sometimes, if you are experiencing poor performance, it is because you are being attacked by Internet bots. The reason for these attacks is that they are trying to find a security bug in your application code or in the software itself.

An example of a bot attack is attempting to check if the php.cgi binary is disabled. As this is disabled by default, attackers won’t be able to exploit your system, but you will have hundreds or even thousands of connections from the same IP address (or even different IP addresses) trying to “check” every few hours if those binaries or scripts are available.]
Thank you @Peter Debik for the much needed support. I will try the lines you provided.

Back