• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Message Submission 587 Auth not working

bsass

Basic Pleskian
So just like many others and reading 20 plus threads about this issue I'm having the same issue that 99% of Plesk users seem to have.

I did an upgrade for 9.5.4 to 11.5 today, everything pretty smooth and great, only issue is I can't send email via port 587. I get the auth failed in outlook error. I was running PostFix on 9.5.4 just fine with 587. Post upgrade, I get the error. I can telnet and connect on port 587 just fine but when I try and send I get the following:

Task 'Sending' reported error (0x800CCC80) : 'None of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server.'

Only thing I see when tailing the mail logs during the send process is:

Code:
Jan  8 19:30:04 server2 postfix/smtpd[23970]: connect from *.*.*.*
Jan  8 19:30:04 server2 postfix/smtpd[23970]: lost connection after EHLO from *.*.*.*
Jan  8 19:30:04 server2 postfix/smtpd[23970]: disconnect from *.*.*.*

I have tried disabling and re-enabling message submission, I have tried switching to Qmail and back to PostFix. I have tried running the mailchk program. Still nothing. Anyone else have some place to look for a fix?

I'm running 11.5.30 Update #28 on CentOS 5.10 (Final)

Thanks,
Bradley

Could you please show me output of

# stat /var/lib/plesk/mail/auth

IgorG

[root@server2 var]# stat /var/lib/plesk/mail/auth
stat: cannot stat `/var/lib/plesk/mail/auth': No such file or directory
[root@server2 var]#

Bradley

Last edited:
I found when using message submission and sending out port 587, I have to set SSL to Auto on the SMTP setting. Is there anyway to have it be SSL or plain?

Thanks

Back