• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Migrating domain ends up with php error

tkalfaoglu

Silver Pleskian
TITLE:
Migrating domain ends up with php error
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
PLESK Onyx latest version, Centos 6.9 to Centos 7.5
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Because older PHP is no longer supported, a migrated domain using older PHP versions cause the following problem after migration..

AH00526: Syntax error on line 22 of /var/www/vhosts/system/kalfaoglu.com/conf/vhost.conf: Invalid command 'php_admin_flag', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Migrate a domain from an older server to a newer server, both running Onyx -- a domain that uses an older PHP​
ACTUAL RESULT:
PHP error when logging in to plesk: cannot create apache files.​
EXPECTED RESULT:
smooth sailing. beer afterwards.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Help with sorting out

Last edited:
Unfortunately provided steps to reproduce are not enough. More detail is needed about configuration of source server, target server and domain on the source server. Also, provided error not looks as migration error.

If my guess is correct, your old server is using Apache php handler and new server it will be fastcgi one. In my opinion, I guess two fix will be there.

1. Check all vhosts.conf in old server and remove entries starting from "php_admin_flag'" and rebuild entire apache vhosts using httpdmng utility. and then start migration again.

2. Second option you can try is change the default apache handler in new server to Apache handler and install same old php version and make it default and then once migration is completed, then you can change the default php version if needed .

How to change PHP handler in all Service Plans
How to set another default PHP version for new subscriptions?

Please share more details like old server php version, plesk version, php handler which is used (apache/fastcgi) etc and same details that in the new server as well.

Back