• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migrating from 7.1.7

A

Aegyssus

Hello,

I'm a 1and1 client and SWSoft will not support me in order to provide a temporary license, so I'll have to manage to migrate the server using the only machine I have.

Can anybody suggest the best way to migrate from psa 7.1.7 to 8.1 using only one machine?

Many thanks in advance,
aegyssus

are you sure that you need to migrate Plesk data???

migration is posible between two server, if you want to have just updated Plesk on your server,just update it;)

from 7.1 to 7.5 and then from 7.5 to 8.x

read onlin edocs if needed:
http://www.swsoft.com/en/products/plesk/docs/

backup the data first!

Thanks for your message Tiramisu!
Sorry, I wasn't very clear in my post. Actually I wanted to ask 1and1 to image my server with newer os+plesk versions. So I needed a way to make some sort of backup for the websites, reimage the server then to import the backed up data on the newly installed server.
But, given that the license owner is 1and1 and not me, plesk did not support me by providing a temporary license to store my backup (which should have been a real but temporary plesk server)...
This way I've been forced to upgrade my package with 1and1 and this way I could move flawlessly the sites and the clients from the old machine to the newer one.
Thanks again for your reply!

Back