1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

migrating from short to full (webmaster@domain.com) POP3/IMAP mail accounts

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by horst rupp, Sep 19, 2011.

1. horst rupp

horst rupp Basic Pleskian

23%
    hello,

i want to switch my mailserver-settings from:

Use of short (webmaster) and full (webmaster@domain.com) POP3/IMAP mail account names is allowed

to:

Only use of full POP3/IMAP mail accounts names is allowed

my only problem is, that i don't know which of my roughly hundred users still use short names. adressing all would be lots of hassle because most of them don't have a clue how to check that in their mail-program.

the logfile always writes the long name, even if a short one is passed. i can't sniff it because i use SSL only. i can't strace it because authpsa is started for every incoming mail. i can't see it in the database-logs because it's sqllite. i can't change authpsa to log more because there's no source-code. any ideas?

regards
    horst