• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Migration: authn_alias is not installed on the destination server

ArgentMarc

New Pleskian
Hi Everyone

I'm in the preparatory stage of decommissioning an old Plesk server that is running on an old centos box, moving all customers, resellers, etc., to a new one.

The main issue I've hit is that I'm getting an error about module authn_alias not existing on the destination server.

I understand that the function of authn_alias has since been moved to mod_authn_core as of Apache / HTTPD 2.4, per here:
Upgrading to 2.4 from 2.2 - Apache HTTP Server Version 2.4

Details of servers:
Old:
Plesk 12, Update 104, CentOS 6
Apache: 2.2.15-39.el6.centos
CentOS 6.2 (Final)

New:
Plesk Obsidian, 18.0.46, update 1, CentOS 7
Apache: 2.4.6-97.el7.centos
CentOS Linux 7.9.2009 (Core)

The long and short of it is:

- Do I need to be concerned about the authn_alias module not being installed if the authn_core module is enabled in Plesk on the new server?

I can see it's been brought up a few times on the forums before. Those threads are a number of years old now and I don't really like the idea of "necro-ing" them, but for reference, I saw these:
- Resolved - Plesk Migration and Courier-IMAP | Plesk Forum
- Transfering from Centos 6 to Centos 7 | Plesk Forum

The fix in the above threads appeared to be just doing it and seeing what happens. I'm erring on the side of caution here as I've got a number of domains, customers and resellers that need migrating so I plan on doing it one-by-one, so any issues involving modules or anything else are caught ahead of time and only impact one, not many.

Thank you in advance. Sorry if this is simple to many of you!

Back