• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue Migration fail - mailbox folder with ampersand &

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.61 #1
Hi,

it would appear that a migration failed because a mailbox folder has an ampersand "&" sign in it.

[18 May 2024 14:31:33] Migration
Failed to copy mail content of subscription. Most probably that happens because of a network-related issue. Check network connections between source and target servers, then run migration for that subscription once more.
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Rsync failed to copy mail content from the source (the source server 'source' (11.22.33.44)) to the target server (target Plesk server): Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: /usr/bin/rsync -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20240518142431/target-server/ssh-keys/id_rsa.11.22.33.44 -p 54354 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' --archive --timeout=30 --exclude=maildirsize --exclude='.qmail*' --exclude=@attachments/ '[email protected]:'"'"'/var/qmail/mailnames/clientdomain.com/food&bev/'"'"'' '/var/qmail/mailnames/clientdomain.com/food&bev/'
exit code: 23
stdout:
stderr: rsync: change_dir "/root//'/var/qmail/mailnames/clientdomain.com/food&bev" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1670) [Receiver=3.1.3]
rsync: [Receiver] write error: Broken pipe (32)

1. This could happen because of a network connection issue. Run migration for that subscription once more.
2. Check whether rsync is installed and configured on the source server.

Anyone else come across it?
Do I need to report it as a bug?
Unfortunately don't have time to spend to test and dig deeper on it. Renamed the folder from food&bev to foodbev, migrated fine, and renamed back to food&bev on new server. Which seems to confirm it is the & in the folder name that caused the problem.

Pleek Migrator 2.25.3-3192

Regards, Tom

Thank you for letting us know. I've tried to replicate this on a Alma8 with Plesk .61 to Alma8 with Plesk .61 server, but all attempts with successful and any mail folder with an ampersand in their name where successfully transferred. There could still very well be a bug that causes issues (otherwise you migration would not error out). But I am afraid that more details are needed to find the cause. Your welcome to submit a more detailed bug report of contact support for an investigation on your server(s).

Back