• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Problem migrating sites

SalvadorS

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hello,

I want to migrate some domains from an old plesk 18.0.27 to a new server with last version of Plesk (18.0.58)

When I start the tool for migrating sites I received this error:

Failed to fetch basic information about resellers, clients and domains data from source servers
Cause: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: rsync -r --chmod=Fu=r,Du=rwx,go= --timeout=30 -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20240214183340/ssh-keys/id_rsa.x.x.x.x -p xx -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/panel-migrator/backend/lib/python/parallels/plesk/source/legacy/extras/plesk_17_0_pmm_shared/ [email protected]:/root/plesk_migrator/plesk_migrator-dopdb34dot6zrtw339h58vx1hqthvqd3/pmm_agent
exit code: 12
stdout:
stderr: [email protected]: Permission denied (publickey,password).
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(231) [sender=3.2.7]

That is a critical error, migration was stopped.

However If I start the migration tool from a Debian 11 server (instead of Debian 12) with the same plesk version 18.0.58 migration tool works perfect.

Any ideas?

--

Have you set PermitRootLogin to "yes" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config and reloaded the SSH service?

Dear Peter,

Thanks a lot for trying to help me. Yes, I did it. As I told before, I can access from one server (Debian 11) but not with other server (Debian 12) to the "old" plesk server. In the "old" server nothing is changed when I access from one server or another (PermitRootLogin is set to yes)

Also IP restricted access is set to yes in the old server but the IPs of the servers are added correctly.

Are you using "enforcing" mode of SELinux on the source or the target server? In that case you may want to try to "setenforce 0" before the migration to disable it.

Hi again and thanks again for your support

Are you using the latest version of the Plesk Migrator extension?

Yes, If I go to update plesk no updates are pending.

Are you using "enforcing" mode of SELinux on the source or the target server? In that case you may want to try to "setenforce 0" before the migration to disable it.

I don´t touch anything from the fresh installation of Debian on the server. I followed this KB article but it does not work:

root@xxx:/XXXs# sestatus | grep "Current mode"
bash: sestatus: orden no encontrada

Thanks a lot.

It's for sure a permission issue, but I cannot determine the root cause from the information given. Please contact Plesk support and let them check it on your server.

To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...rt-plesk-com-and-password-reset-does-not-work

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk-

Back