• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from 9.5 to 10.1 remarks

Z

zebrafilm

I had 10.1 running in a testbox for a while. WSRV2008 R2 web and later added SP1 with no errors it seems but when I tried to go live with the setup I got some small things:

While trying to get from my test IP to the live IP I used the reconfigurator to change IP. It always failed and gaven an error on3/4 on the scale. Something popped up but it was into a live server I needed to hurry up.
I have tried chaning to a new IP as well to an other excisting IP. All gave the same error box.
I have gone around it by adding the IP manually, run a repair and changed all packages by hand. (no fun)
Will see if I can replicate on another box to give a more clear error story.
In the event viewer normal errors showed up but not this one.

Secondly, I would like to see a setting where I can decide if server wide backup should be counted towards the domain disk use. If I make a server backup, everybody get double/triple disk use which is very inconvenient.

It also seems that backup cannot be done to mapped network drives. Errors out because it can not determent the disksize...
I don't want my backups on the system disk, don't like the FTP without any SSL security, so please make it possible to use a mapped drive.

Is there a way to get rid of the Application offers that clutter the screen? Plesk did a good effort to make it look simple for customers but I prefer to remove things that are not used to keep it simple. Even when I switch off Applications it still shows the titles.

I have installed URL rewrite v2 but I can't connect it to the service settings in the CP.
It seems not recognized by Plesk.

I have tried to connect to AWstats pages via plesk-stat/webstat/
It asks for credentials but what ever I put in, it never lets me in. :-(
I assume that the level of Domain admin should be sufficient? What do I put in, domains or email addresses?
It seems that after the migration a lot of usernames are turned into email addresses anyway.
Disksize and traffic are calculated in the main panel so it all seems to work. Just want to see the overview too.

The previous 9.5 system was running SmarterStats 4 and seemed to have deleted all the IIS logs. Is there a way to make a full transition from SMstats to AWstats with only the SMstats data?

3. Have you tried the mapped drive letter vice the long path (i.e. Y:\ instead of \\Server\Folder)

4. This can be disabled in the license by whoever issues it, I spoke with plesk about this and they said they are removing the ad boxes in a future version.

5. URL Rewrite v2 is not detected by the CP as it's not supported, they only support ISAPI URL Rewrite From Helicon.

6. Sounds like a perms issue.

7. Had the same issue, unless you back them up manually and move them the answer is no.

Back