• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Migration from Plesk 11.0.9 to Onyx 17.0.17

marcin

New Pleskian
Hi,

Trying to migrate from Plesk 11.0.9 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 5.11 (Tikanga) to Onyx 17.0.17 on CentOS 6.8 using Plesk migrator and getting the following error when trying to connect:

----------
Failed to check Plesk API connection to target Plesk server: Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: /usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password
exit code: 1
stdout: ***hidden***
stderr: ***hidden***
----------

When SSH'd to the destination server and run above command I get this:

$ /usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'swsoft::key::system_error'
what(): open('/etc/sw/keys/lock/.sw-engine-kv.pid'): Permission denied
Aborted (core dumped)

When run as root I get this:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/admin --show-password
Due to security reasons the option '-show-password' is no longer supported. Use '--get-login-link' to generate a one-time login link.

Is migration from that Plesk/OS at all supported? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hello!
Both Plesk versions and OSes are supported by migrator.
What version of Plesk Migrator do you use? We`ve dropped --show-password from Plesk Migrator (when target is Onyx) very long time ago. And could you please provide me output of "plesk version" command?

Last edited:
Hi Allina,

My server support found the issue & solution:

----------
At some point your new server was updated from Plesk 12.5 to Onyx. Plesk happens to have 2 files that show the version; one said the version was Onyx, and the other said it was 12.5. It turns out that the Plesk Migrator was looking at that version file that had the wrong version (12.5), and was trying to use features in 12.5 that are no longer present in Onyx. Once I discovered that and updated the version file that was wrong, Plesk Migrator was able to connect to the source server just fine.
----------

Cheers

Back