• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration from raq4 does not migrate mbox folders or other user files

E

electronicfur

I have migrated from a raq4 but it did not migrate all the mail folders (mbox) of the users, only the current Inbox spool file.

Is this correct or has something gone wrong.

If it is correct how do I move the other mail folders?

Actually none of my users home directory contents seems to have been moved.

Where do they live on a plesk server?
I dont have any data in the /var/www/vhosts/mydomain.com/web_users/myuser/ directory that I had in my /home/sites/site1/users/myuser dircetory on the raq4.

Your help is appreciated as I only have a few days to do the migration before I loose my raq4 server.

Cheers,
EF

Just got a RedHat Plesk server, and am running into the exact same problem. I'd appreciate any input or solutions to this problem.

The problem is in the migration manager's script for the import. It's never done other mail from folders other than inbox., nor has it gotten the user's personal pages. That stuff has to be manually migrated.

Thanks ptrost for the info. Plesk support told me it it does migrate all the mail folders, but then told me to pay for support if I wanted someone to look into why it didnt (apparently you dont qualify for the free 30 days support if you didnt buy your licence direct from Plesk :rolleyes: )

callouie, what I ended up doing was used the migration manager to move the sites. Then got those all working first. Note that the migration manager can not handle two cobalt users with the same "full name" if they are site owners.

Then when ready to do the server move I shut down incoming mail on my old server (so as not to have mail going to both servers), and manually moved the spool files and all the user mbox folders. The tricky bit is that you need to convert them from mbox to maildir format.

I did it as follows (from memory, been up all night so if you find a prob, let me know). Note that in these instructions I also redid the mailspool files (which the migration script does do), but as it took time to sort out the migrated sites I left my old server receiving mail, and then redid the spool file once I had stopped my old server receiving incoming mail.

Code:
On new server:

mkdir ~/mailspool
	mkdir ~/maildirs

On the raq:

mkdir ~/mailspool
	mkdir ~/maildirs

tar zcvf ~/mailspool/mailspool.tar.gz /var/spool/mail/

for each <user> and <user_site> I ran:
	tar zcvf ~/maildirs/<user>.tar.gz /home/sites/<user_site>/users/<user>

then:
	scp ~/mailspool/mailspool.tar.gz [email][email protected][/email]:~/mailspool
	scp ~/maildirs/* [email][email protected][/email]:~/maildirs

On new server:

cd ~/maildirs/mailspool
	tar xvfz mailspool.tar.gz

then for each <user> and <user_site> I ran:
	rm -rf /var/qmail/mailnames/<user_site>/<user>/Maildir/*
	/usr/local/psa/PMM/mb2md.pl -s ~/mailspool/mail/<user> -d 	/var/qmail/mailnames/<user_site>/<user>/Maildir
	mkdir ~/maildirs/<user>
	mv <user>.tar.gz ~/maildirs/<user>
	cd ~/maildirs/<user>/
	tar xvfz <user>.tar.gz
	/usr/local/psa/PMM/mb2md.pl -R -s ~/maildirs/<user>/mail -d 	/var/qmail/mailnames/<user_site>/<user>/Maildir

then:
	chown -R popuser:popuser /var/qmail/mailnames/*
	service qmail restart
Probably worth scripting this to automate if you need to a lot of users, I dont have so many.

You will need to also tar, scp and move any user sites manually (those in /home/sites/<site>/users/<user>/web), and if you have users that ssh, then any other files they have in their home dir.

Hope it helps.

You'd think Plesk could update their scripts to do all this.
Cheers,
EF

You'd think Plesk could update their scripts to do all this.

Support team said Plesk guys already fixed this bug in the version they develop.

That is good to hear dm.

Hopefully for others they roll it out soon, as it gave me a pretty bad initial impression of Plesk, especially as that the advertised migration tool was one of the reasons I choose Plesk over competitors.

Cheers,
EF

Back