• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration manager: import trouble

B

BBaboon

I have two servers

- 1st - FBSD 4.9 with Plesk 7.1.4
- 2nd FBSD 5.3 with Plesk 7.5.2

I ran Migration manager from 7.5.2 to dump all from 7.1.4
That went very well (there are tar files in /usr/local/psa/PMM/var)
The manual suggests that I rename a xml file (which in my case already had a dump name) and reboot.
After reboot I should start te Migration manager and import the data.
When I do this i get this following message:
"Unable to convert the data to Plesk format: Unable to run deploy: Empty error message from utility".

WTF is this? and
Can I run this import stuff manually from the shell?

Thank you.

Same problem...

I'm having the exact same problem with just one domain. What I would like is at least a log to tell me where to look for the problem.

At least found where to look...

So ask and maybe ye shall get off your own butt and find an answer. :)

I went looking for information and found there are logs of the migration that can be quite useful. In my case, they were under /usr/local/psa/PMM/var. There are a number of logs...the most important for me was migration.log. I was able to find the exact problem (which in my case was a mailing list that had two owners but a Plesk xml configuration file for the migration expected to only have one owner entry) and resolve it (i.e. removed one of the owners from the mailing list) and everything went great thereafter. Hope this helps you find your own issues...

migration manager

Hello,
this
/usr/local/psa/PMM/var/migration.log
is really a good help.

In my case an entry in my webmail adressbook caused the error....

Can i ask..

Does this import all your clients, their account details, emails, email passwords etc into the new plesk?

And doesnt overwrite your current server settings or configuration?

Does this import all your clients, their account details, emails, email passwords etc into the new plesk?
if you get no errors ;-) this migration tool is able to do this, yes.

You can choose the domains you want to transfer and just with some clicks you are able to chage everything onto another (plesk) server. Of course only if the domain doesn't exist on the new server...

We used it for excluding lots of client mailboxes to an external mail server. Easy.

And doesnt overwrite your current server settings or configuration?
no, e.g. vhosts.conf is no problem

Back