• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

migration manger...

A

AlbertS

Hello,

I am going to migrate to another provider soon...

In the past (plesk 7 reloaded).. didn't took DNS configs with it.. It used the template u can config in the 'server' option in plesk.

If im right 7.5.x does take the configs with it... Thats a uge problem as the nameserver ip's are different!

What is the easyist way to do that?

Regards,
Alb

I've done several Plesk 7.5 migrations and these have copied the DNS zones across exactly as they were on the source server.

Yes.. and thats the problem.

I need them to be different from the sourche server..

Hmmm, then the question for Plesk would be: What is the Migration Manager IP Mapping function for, if not to adjust things like the DNS entries?

Originally posted by jamesyeeoc
Hmmm, then the question for Plesk would be: What is the Migration Manager IP Mapping function for, if not to adjust things like the DNS entries?

Yesterday I moved domains from server A to B..

Delete in server A the IP for NS1 and added this in server B...

Selected that this IP has to stay the same... and other not...

And the migrated domains, box B really have the same config as they have in the A box..

What is wird, is that the migration manager asked all the ip's replacements.. that were in box A, while they weren't configt as hosting, client apps or something....

So is it a BUG??

Im moving from provider.. So new ip's my DNS will have, now I have to manually go trough 100 + domains?

Originally posted by AlbertS
And the migrated domains, box B really have the same config as they have in the A box..

Very strange. I moved one test domain to the another server and DNS for the migrated domain was corrected as I requested in IP mapping.

Same problem there on many 7.5.4 servers. Is it a bug ?

Regards,

Kilgore

Back