• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Migration Tool Issue: Transferred Disk Usage & DBs Not The Same Size?

BernieG

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I've transferred my domains from Plesk 11.5 (CentOS 5) to Plesk 12 (CentOS7) using the migration tool, and when I check the disk usage and DBs I'm seeing that they don't match up.

For example, the disk usage for some domains don't have the same exact size on my new server. It seems like all the data did not get transferred over.

And then when I check some DBs I have some databases that have the same number of tables which is good but then I notice within the tables they don't have the same number of rows and the total size of the DBs are different.

I also have DBs that have less tables than what my old server shows; so it looks like all the tables did not get transferred.

Why is this issue happening with Plesk migration tool? Is there another way I can do this so it works properly?

Thank you!

Hi. I have the same remark. the size in the source server is greater than the size in the taget server

the diskspace can e.g. be different because backups are calculated for the source but not for the target because the plesk migrator does not take over any backups.
I can't say anything about possible database problems with the migrator. we migrated thousands of databases during server changes and did not find any problems.

the diskspace can e.g. be different because backups are calculated for the source but not for the target because the plesk migrator does not take over any backups.
I can't say anything about possible database problems with the migrator. we migrated thousands of databases during server changes and did not find any problems.
I figured the probel was the backup. Backup is a limitation on Plesk migrator. I copy it manulaly . Thanks

Back