• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved mirrorctl PSA_17.8.11/microupdates/MU1 rsync damaged

jcgalvez

Basic Pleskian
Hello

I'm fighting with rsync and mirrorct to correctly sync PSA_17.8.11 in order to install locally.

I setup a crontab to download every hour updates

15 * * * * { printf "\%s: " "$(date "+\%F \%T")"; /opt/mirrorctl/mirrorctl update --path=/var/www/html/mirrors/plesk/ ; } >> /home/mirror/scripts/plesklinux-sync.log 2>&1

either manually or via cron the mirror goes thru but when installing (pointing to the mirror server )

hostnamectl set-hostname H44.testingserver.com
echo "10.10.160.44 H44.testingserver.com H44" >> /etc/hosts
echo "10.10.160.21 autoinstall.plesk.com" >> /etc/hosts
echo "10.10.160.21 mirrorlist.centos.org" >> /etc/hosts

yum update (for centos mirror) works perfect

but when I run to install patches

[root@h44 ~]# plesk installer update

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror

Installing patches...

Downloading file (1 of 462) PSA_17.8.11/microupdates/MU1/common/admin/plib/Smb/Application/Cli/FileSharing.php: 0%

Downloading file (1 of 462) PSA_17.8.11/microupdates/MU1/common/admin/plib/Smb/Application/Cli/FileSharing.php: 100% was finished.

ERROR: error during prepare patch plesk-17.8.11~patch62

The MD5 checksum of the /root/parallels/PSA_17.8.11/microupdates/MU1/common/admin/plib/Smb/Application/Cli/FileSharing.php.tmp file does not match the value specified in the configuration file.

Not all packages were installed.
Please resolve this issue and try to install the packages again.
If you cannot resolve the issue on your own, contact product technical support for assistance.
exit status 1

[root@h44 ~]# plesk installer update

I deleted the complete microupdates directory
used mirrorctl to resync

did not work

used plain rsync to sync invoking

rsync://rsync.autoinstall.plesk.com/autoinstall/PSA_17.8.11 /var/www/html/mirrors/plesk/

pointing to my local mirror server path, and does not work either.

Seems like the rsync is damaged

However, when I remove the local pointing to the mirror, and point to the default internet one, it works perfect, so the rsync to get an operational mirror may be broken

Please help, I need to install patches to new/old servers locally.

Ok, in order to make this work on a plain installed server with no plesk installed and a plain mirror (say for plesk and centos) the VirtualHost should look like this

<VirtualHost 10.10.160.21:80 >
ServerName "autoinstall.plesk.com:80"
ServerAlias "autoinstall.plesk.com"
ServerAdmin yourname@yourhost
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/mirrors/plesk"
CustomLog logs/plesklinux-access_log combined
ErrorLog logs/plesklinux-error_log

<Directory /var/www/html/mirrors/plesk>
AllowOverride AuthConfig FileInfo Indexes Limit Options=Indexes,SymLinksIfOwnerMatch,MultiViews,FollowSymLinks,-ExecCGI,Includes,IncludesNOEXEC
RemoveType .php
php_admin_value engine Off

</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

the problem was that the server had php turned on so the file was executed, and it shouldn't

Back