• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Misconfiguration of certificate's CN and virtual name ...

andreas.scherer

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos 7.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.49
Hi all out there!
My new Plesk installation is getting on my last nerves! I changed the server domain. Running the "hostname" command in the shell also gives me the correct hostname. However, the old host name is still in the SSL certificate. Have already renewed the certificate 3 times. Always the same problem. :mad:

What do I have to change to get a correct server certificate?
[Sun Jan 22 02:59:00.837177 2023] [:error] [pid 10016:tid 139794775832704] Misconfiguration of certificate's CN and virtual name. The certificate CN has name.example.com. We expected www.new-example.com as virtual name.
Thanks for any advice...

Have a nice evening ...

Have you tried changing the certificate to the server's "default" (placeholder) certificate? Then you should be able to remove the existing Let's Encrypt certificate as it should no longer be used by any service. Afterwards you can create a new certificate.

In some cases it has also been observed that web server configuration files were not automatically updated after a change of the host certificate or the hostname. If you suspect that this is the case in your installation, please either let Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter "Rebuild" > "All" or run # plesk repair web.

I have already run the #plesk repair web and #plesk repair all command line commands, but without first deleting and reinstalling the certificate. I will do that now. Thanks for the tip!
How can I change the login for the administrator. The login url?

Back