• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

missing /usr/bin/deliverquota in Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #9

nilsringersma_nl

Basic Pleskian
TITLE:
missing /usr/bin/deliverquota in Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #9
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx, Version 17.5.3 Update #9, CentOS 6.9 & CentOS 7.7.3.1611, 64bit
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Mail reaches the server, but does not get delivered to respective mailboxes and remains in mail queue:
Jun 16 21:10:57 lvps46-163-119-37 deferral: /bin/sh:_/usr/bin/deliverquota:_No_such_file_or_directory/​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Update Plesk to Version 17.5.3 Update #9 (Early Adopter)
- # ll /usr/bin/deliverquota​
ACTUAL RESULT:
ls: cannot access /usr/bin/deliverquota: No such file or directory​
EXPECTED RESULT:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 25304 Mar 14 08:43 /usr/bin/deliverquota​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Problem occured in the past and is described here: Email messages are not delivered and remain in mail queue: /usr/bin/deliverquota: No such file or directory

The suggested fix there does not work.
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

What exactly doesn't work?

For my CentOS7 server with latest Plesk:

1. Download rpm package:

# wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_17...urier-imap-4.16.1-centos7.17031414.x86_64.rpm

2. Extract files from this package:

# rpm2cpio psa-courier-imap-4.16.1-centos7.17031414.x86_64.rpm | cpio -ivd

3. Copy extracted file:

# cp /root/usr/bin/deliverquota /usr/bin/
# ll /usr/bin/deliverquota
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27176 Jun 19 09:41 /usr/bin/deliverquota

4. Rebuild mail settings:

# plesk repair mail

Please be adaptive. Do not always follow the instructions from the KB articles verbatim.

What exactly doesn't work?

For my CentOS7 server with latest Plesk:

1. Download rpm package:

# wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_17...urier-imap-4.16.1-centos7.17031414.x86_64.rpm

2. Extract files from this package:

# rpm2cpio psa-courier-imap-4.16.1-centos7.17031414.x86_64.rpm | cpio -ivd

3. Copy extracted file:

# cp /root/usr/bin/deliverquota /usr/bin/
# ll /usr/bin/deliverquota
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 27176 Jun 19 09:41 /usr/bin/deliverquota

4. Rebuild mail settings:

# plesk repair mail

Please be adaptive. Do not always follow the instructions from the KB articles verbatim.

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.

This indeed worked, my mistake was I tried it like exactly in the article:

' [root@server6 ~]# rpm2cpio psa-courier-imap-4.16.1-centos7.17031414.x86_64.rpm | cpio -ivd /usr/bin/deliverquota
2327 blocks '

However we have a way to fix the servers for now, could you confirm that it was indeed the update to #9 that broke this? On all the servers prior to the update this problem did not occur.

Thanks again!

could you confirm that it was indeed the update to #9 that broke this? On all the servers prior to the update this problem did not occur.
Sorry, but I can't confirm. BTW, update #10 is already released.

Sorry, but I can't confirm. BTW, update #10 is already released.

Thanks for the heads up Igor I didn't notice #10 was released. I tried updating to #10 no joy though:

[root@server6 ~]# plesk installer --select-release-latest --upgrade-installed-components --notify-email [email protected]
[root@server6 ~]# cat /root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml​
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<patches>
<product id="plesk" version="17.5.3" installed-at="20170327T192119">
<patch version="10" timestamp="" installed-at="20170619T071355" />
</product>
</patches>

[root@server6 ~]# ll /usr/bin/deliverquota
ls: cannot access /usr/bin/deliverquota: No such file or directory

I also just tried this on a server running on the latest stable release, executing 'll /usr/bin/deliverquota' gave the expected output. After enabling early adopter & updating the server to #10 it broke again.

[root@s01 ~]# ll /usr/bin/deliverquota
ls: cannot access /usr/bin/deliverquota: No such file or directory​

Anyways thanks for your fix suggestion. I now can write a fix for all the installations and deploy it with Ansible so we're out of the woods. However it might be wise to investigate why this problem occurs when update >= #9. If that is not possible for the Plesk team this thread can be closed.

Tnx!

Looks like that you have installed Dovecot instead of Courier-Imap, right?

You are right Igor.

Friday we got notified by one of our customers about mail being stuck in the queue of Plesk on his server. After investigating it was caused by the problem as described above. This specific client was using Courier-Imap.

However most of the servers are using Dovecot indeed. When checking the output of 'll /usr/bin/deliverquota' we did not take the imap software into account. Instead of checking the output of the command to determine if a server was experiencing the same problem, we should have checked the logs.

When checking out ELK for references of 'deliverquota' we can see that it's indeed only affected servers running on Courier-Imap.

[root@vps-xxxxx-xxx ~]# grep "deliverquota" /var/log/mail* | tail -n 1
/var/log/maillog.processed:Jun 19 09:52:30 vps-xxxxxx-xxxx postfix/pipe[11185]: 0CA13E27EB: to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=989, delays=989/0/0/0.02, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (temporary failure. Command output: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/deliverquota: No such file or directory 4.2.1 Message can not be delivered at this time )

Since we only use a select amount of installations with Courier I don't see any problem in fixing them manual. I just don't understand why it broke on those installations after updating. The other servers I tested prior to the update did return the expected output.

Anyways please excuse us for the incorrect troubleshoot, thank you for your time & advise and please close this report.

Back