• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Modify named.conf in Plesk 11.5 / 12+

JANSEO

New Pleskian
Dear Plesk users,

I would like to setup a caching Bind nameserver for which I need to modify the file /etc/named.conf. The file is automatically created by Plesk however and I am unable to find information on how to modify the file in Plesk.

Code:
#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.
// $Id: named.conf,v 1.1.1.1 2001/10/15 07:44:36 kap Exp $

Does anyone know of a way to modify named.conf?

Best Regards,
Jan

I'm not sure, if it works and it's not a wonderfull workaround... but it may help... ^^ :

At "/opt/psa/tmp" you find the "run-root.tar" . In this tarball, you will find as well the "named.conf.default" where you have the option to insert your own custom directives. Editing this file and making your own run-root.tar afterwards, you might be able to replace the Plesk default named.conf, which is installed on every domain add / remove / edit over the Plesk Panel. Be aware, that it could be, that Plesk replaces the *.tar within a future update/upgrade and you will have to repeat this workaround in order to keep your own modifications for the special named config.

Back