• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Modules - File Server/Samba

F

foz4

I'm having problems gettting the samba file server to work.

I have got it running, but I can't figure out what the correct path is to my share, let alone how anyone would navigate to it as theres' no info on how a user views it.

I have tried many different types backslash this forward slash this. Has anyone actually managed to get this module to work?!

There is only one post in this forum that relates to it and that didn't have any answers. The documentation for the module is lacking in loads of specfic info and if your in plesk the help files don't even exisit!!

Any help on setting this up would be great...

Well since I could not find any place where a default directory for shares would go, i created a directory in /var/ called shares, with a subdirectory with the domain for which I am granting samba privileges..

For example, for mydomain.com I created /var/shares/mydomain.com and under the samba configuration I used that same path as the real path and 'mydomain' as the share name.

This enables users to connect to the share via \\mydomain.com\mydomain..

You also have to remember to enable a user to be able to connect to the new share. I used the system user created for mydomain.com which would just be 'mydomain'.

Hope this helps.. while im at it, anyone have a good solution for allowing multiple users to have access to the same share under a single domain.. in other words, how do I give multiple under a single domain ssh access (create a system user).

Back