1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Move Domain to Different Client and IP?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by gtowle, May 11, 2007.

1. gtowle

gtowle Guest

I have a domain that I would like to move from one client and IP to another. Is it possible to do this within the Plesk GUI, and if not, is it fairly "easy" to do manually? Thanks.

2. Alcedema

Alcedema Guest

Yes, it is very easy.

Through the web interface, logged in as admin, go to the domains section. Tick the box next to the domain you want to move to a new client then click "Change Owner" at the top.

After selecting the new owner, you will be presented with a new screen which you can change the IP address for that domain. Note: the new IP has to already be in the users IP pool, so do that before moving the domain.

Select the new IP from the drop down box, click ok and all done (hopefully).

3. gtowle

gtowle Guest

Excellent! (I overlooked that.) Worked like a charm. Thank you.