• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving domain to another client

Use phpmyadmin or the command line mysql to view your psa database.

Go to the 'clients' table and find the ID of the client you want to give the domain to.

Go to the client in Plesk and add the IP of the domain to the client. If you don't do this first, you'll get an error later when you try to edit the domain.

Go back to the DB and go to the 'domains' table.

Change the cl_id of the domain from the old client to the new one.

Done.

Thanks for the tip! I thought it was possible through the control panel.

It doesn't really matter since the domains are still owned by the same user, only the client information is changed.

would this also work to change the name of a domain...

for example, change xxxx.com to yyyy.com

i have a domain with 90 email accounts with imap folders that has changed their business name, and needs the website changed to their new name. I cannot forward the domain because this does not effect the mail accounts on the domain.

am i going about this the right way or should i be trying something easier first?

Pran, try using the following shell command /usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -h. This will give you an idea of what you can do with it.

Thanks gerhard, I'll try that. BTW, I also need help in migrating users from Squirrelmail over to Horde/IMP. Do you know how I can move folders created in Squirrelmail to Horde/IMP?

Back