• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Moving from CWP Pro to Plesk

rmbettencourt

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Centos
Plesk version and microupdate number
Newest
I am moving from using CWP, and now I will use Plesk. I used to have a managed server, but my service provider wanted to triple the cost, and honestly apart from askig them to install an SSL, I had to do most things myself.
Anyhow, I am having some difficulty now managing domains. I had 1 main domain for the VPS, which will remain unchanged. And then add several domains in the same environment but not be independent. So all domains had the NS of ns1.maindomain.com and ns2.maindomain.com. Now, another issue is that 2 domains (the main domain and my mum's company domain) uses MS Email and 1 email has 365. I want to keep the email with them, since they do have the best price for it.

Ideally, I would love to basically migrate everything from CWP over to Plesk. But if this cannot be done, when creating a new domain, it also creates different DNS. I am wondering if this will have any effect apart from visual, since the domains are being given NS servers. And also, would I need to modify the mail for the 2 domains that use MS Email?

Also, the FTP does not seem to work properly. It logs in but then disconnects after a few seconds of not loading the directories. Is there something I need to modify to get this to function properly?

Back