• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving installation to a new server

T

Trond VidarO

I tried finding a short "how to" for moving my domains and plesk installation to a new server. We are changing the box to a new one with better specs.

I have so far a demo installation running on the new box, plesk 10 with php 5.3 and running debian.

The box only hold about 14 domains so I decided to go manually and clean up at the same time. So far so good, I have one domain that still need register_globals on the old box and want to migrate that customer to a magento webshop on the new box next week.

My demo installation is up to 10 domains / databases now and it does not accept more. I have a unlimited version running 9.5.4 on the old box.

How can I keep 2-3 domains running without problems on the old box for a couple weeks while registering my license on the new box?

Why you can't use unlimited trial license for 10.x? Contact your sales representative regarding this question. It will allow you migrate domains from one server to other as much as you want.

Back