• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Moving the Panel from the maindomain.tld:port to sub domain?

JustinGivens

Basic Pleskian
Not sure if this is possible but I would like to move the default panel location to a sub domain with that port required.

Example: panel.maindomain.tld:8443

My idea is that the panel wouldn't load if someone went to maindomain.tld:8443. They would also need to know the sub domain as well. Just better security if you ask me.

Is this even possible? I've searched the internet, kb and forum and couldn't find anything.

I'm going to go with possible, but you'd have to configure the panel's underlying lightppd server to do this, the thought of which makes me dizzy! (Not to denegrate lightppd but I'm starting to learn nginx alongside apache and the idea of the third web server configuration syntax doesn't fill me with joy).

I think its far better if you can control the IPs from which you connect to the panel and then restrict administrative access to that IP (alongside firewalling if there's only you connecting), then you're not relying on obscurity.

Paul.

Back