1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

MS SQL activation gives php error page

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by Tigr, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Tigr

Tigr Guest

After re installing plesk 7 for windows for the third time (which is what plesk support said to do) I still get the same error.

When trying to input the sa username and password for the server settings I get :

There is need to implement utility for creating/modification users.
    0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\database_mssql.inc:383 psaerror(string "There is need to implement utility for creating/modification users.")
    1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.DataBase.php3:498 database_mssql->changelogin(string "sa", boolean true, string "passwordt")
    2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.DatabasesAccess.php:150 database::changelogin(string "mssql", string "sa", boolean true, string "password")
    3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\databases.php:41 databasesaccess->update()

Anyone able to help on this? Im more familiar with the unix plesk than windows.

Thanks
    Matt

2. cviviani

cviviani Guest

3. Tigr

Tigr Guest

Yeah have installed SP3 for SQL . But I think at this point the only choice will be reinstall.

thanks for the guide

4. henry@

henry@ Guest

Tigr,

Reinstall Plesk and Windows again will not give you any changes at all, I think there is a bug in the 7.03 updater. I have the same error when trying to activate MSSQL and I also reinstalled fresh Plesk and Windows 2003 STD maybe 5 times and still the same error.

So please developers, please go ahead and confirm that this is a BUG or maybe ther eis a special setting needed for the updater to be installed on the server.

Regards,
    Henry

5. cviviani

cviviani Guest

it seems to be an error of plesk . I tries to find out why.
    it looks thaht is the first sa password not set correct. i try shortle to set sa to none password - same failure.
    somthing is wrong in the mysql datapase "psa" for user sa.

6. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

this is not the first thread about this, i think you should just give up and say 7.0.3 was a bad update for now until they plesk fixes it

7. cviviani

cviviani Guest

to fix the problem:

with mysqlcc (from mysql.org) run sqlscript in misc:

insert into misc (param,val) values
    ('mssql_admin_login','sa'),
    ('mssql_admin_passwd','password');

password to your password

when not exist also

insert into misc (param,val) values
    ('MSSQLServer','localhost');

8. henry@

henry@ Guest

Could you explain it to me : Step-Be Step how to have it fixed please?

Regards

9. AbsolutelyFreeW

AbsolutelyFreeW Guest

you just put the insert statements in a file

then write mysqlcc filename I think (otherwise consult help for the command)

10. cviviani

cviviani Guest

download from www.mysql.org mysqlcc and install it.

start mysqlcc and connect to localserver with your plesk username and password.
    select database psa then select table misc
    push icon sql - copy paste my script - press icon execute "!".

11. aupimp

aupimp Guest

I am also receiving this error while trying to connect PLESK 7 for WINDOWS to MS SQL...

There is need to implement utility for creating/modification users.
    0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\database_mssql.inc:383 psaerror(string "There is need to implement utility for creating/modification users.")
    1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.DataBase.php3:498 database_mssql->changelogin(string "sa", boolean true, string "aetaXef5")
    2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.DatabasesAccess.php:150 database::changelogin(string "mssql", string "sa", boolean true, string "aetaXef5")
    3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\server\databases.php:41 databasesaccess->update()

The instruction you gave were unclear to me since I have no experience with this stuff what so ever.

is there any way to get some further help with this.

thank you guys!